The Account Manager is the primary client contact for Yardworx. They are responsible for maintaining strong, positive customer relations to ensure total client satisfaction throughout both landscape and snow seasons. The Account Manager also suggests and sells non-contracted, enhancement & landscape services to meet the needs of property and produce additional revenue for the company.
- Assure all contracted services provided are of excellent quality and completed in a timely fashion.
- Familiar with scope of work for all contracts in designated area.
- Monitor activity of crews and work closely with Operations Management regarding scheduling, quality and customer service.
- Maintain strong positive relationships with clients based upon clear and frequent communication, mutual trust and ability to meet the client needs.
- Develop win-win opportunities for the client and the company.
- Proactively manage properties by inspecting and locating problems in the landscape before the customer brings to our attention.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for bid in a timely manner.
- Communicate to appropriate parties any problem areas and work to find immediate resolution.
- Identify and develop opportunities for enhancements and project upgrades that are consistent with customer preferences and promote revenue growth for the company.
- Create and present proposals to client.
- Ensure all estimates are prepared and approved as needed prior to presenting to customer.
- Track all proposals in progress and follow-up to maximize sales opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with Management Team regarding proposal approval and scheduling.
- Update client on status or completion of enhancement & landscape work and ensure client satisfaction.
- Aware of billing and collection status on all projects/customers.
- Advises on credits or collections and works with Management Team to resolve collection issues.
- Maintain database of current customers and provide support to the sales team when needed – especially during handoff of new accounts.
- Continually review contracts and enhancement proposals for job costing.
- Manage renewal process of all contracts in assigned area.
- Maintain positive relations with any subcontractors and/or vendors.
- Participate in various industry associations to increase knowledge of marketplace, sales opportunities, the competition, selling techniques and best practices.
- Support and assist in training of production staff to ensure services are delivered in a manner consistent with contract specifications and company standards.
- Work closely with administrative support to make sure all contract administration is timely and accurate.
- Above job duties are consistent through winter months.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license
- 3-5 years of landscape experience including (flexible based upon other qualifications)
- Great Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge (or willingness to develop) of Service Autopilot CRM Software.
- Basic knowledge of landscape and snow operations
- Obtain relevant industry certifications within 12 months (ASM)
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team oriented
- Interest and capability in developing meaningful relationships with clients
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, quick learner
- Responsible, dependable, and ethical
- Leader with a positive approach
Education and Experience:
- Required High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree or Vocational Certification.
- Valid driving license and good driving record is required.